The Lionfish National Training Group (NTB) is the top practice group and is for advanced swimmers who compete at Jr. Olympic and/or Jr. and Sr. Championship level meets and above. Participants possess the self-discipline and skills of Senior Performance swimmers and are fully committed to competitive swimming. Their goal is to continue swimming at the national level and beyond. Swimmers will be expected to maintain a 90% monthly attendance level and compete in at least one swim meet every other month.
To be eligible for the Lionfish NTG practice group, a swimmer must either try out, receive a coach’s recommendation, or provide comparable USA swimming times. Swimmers must be able to:
1. Swim 1650-yard freestyle, 200-yard of backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly, and a 400-yard Individual Medley
2. Demonstrate legal starts, turns, transitions, and finishes in all four competitive strokes and the Individual Medley
3. Demonstrate a strong knowledge of the pace clock and lane etiquette
4. Pass the following test sets:
● Swim 4 x 100-yard freestyle on a 1:30 interval
● Swim 4 x 100-yard of the other three strokes on a 1:45 interval
● Swim 4 x 200-yard IMs on a 3:00 interval
● Swim 4 x 100-yard kick on a 2:00 interval
The focus of the Lionfish NTG practice group is to build a high level of fitness and skill to help swimmers achieve their highest swimming goals. Our coaches work collaboratively to identify, nurture, and develop every swimmer to reach the top level in USA swimming. Swimmers at this level commit to being year-round swimmers. They exhibit complete ownership of their training and an unwavering commitment to the sport and teammates.
Participation in at least one swim meet every other month is required.
Mesh bag, water bottle, pull buoy, hand paddles, snorkel, and drag suit
$1,400 for year
*Includes a team suit