Welcome to Lowell’s Middle School.
owell’s Middle School program builds naturally from the integrated curriculum and extracurricular activities of the Primary School. At each grade level, the curriculum is based on essential themes and questions. The integrated curriculum gives students a strong foundation in the humanities, technology, math, physical education, and the arts. By giving students new opportunities to make choices in their learning, set their own goals, and develop leadership skills, Lowell's Middle School students take increasing ownership of their learning.
These three Essential Themes are at the heart of our curriculum. By focusing deliberately on these, we ensure that students will leave Lowell having internalized the lessons of our School's mission:
6th Grade: Diversity
7th Grade: Identity
8th Grade: Community
You can read more about the curriculum in the pages that follow and by downloading the Primary and Middle School Curriculum Guide.
Unique features of the program:
• Small class size
• Guidance Coaching Program
• Skill- and experience-based groupings in Math and Spanish
• The Profile of Passion (POP)
• Authentic, audience-based projects
• Group projects and team teaching in a flexible and respectful space
• Special emphasis on group processing skills, communication, conflict resolution, and debate
• Health and wellness lessons integrated in various classes
• Educational experiences outside the classroom that focus on personal challenge, cultural understanding, and service