Send in your completed
application, along with the $65 application fee, by January 11, 2013. You can apply online or submit your application by mail.
For information about how to apply for financial aid, click here.
Complete the Parent Questionnaire
(required for all applicants) and
Student Response Form
(required for applicants to grades 3-8) by January 11, 2013.
student visit and parent interview
When your application has been received, we will send you a confirmation email. This email will include a link to an online form for
scheduling the student visit. Call the Admissions Office to schedule your
parent interview: 202-577-2097.
For applicants to grades 1-8, sign the
Student Information Release
give it to the appropriate person at your child’s current school.
Transcripts are due by January 25, 2013.
Submit a teacher recommendation form
. Recommendations are required for all applicants, even those not yet enrolled in a school or childcare program
(in this case, a form may be completed by a coach, dance instructor, or a family friend who knows your child well).
- Applicants to grades 6-8 must also submit Math and English evaluation forms.
- Completed forms should be mailed or faxed (202-577-2001) to the Lowell School Admissions Office directly from the current school or childcare program/provider by January 25, 2013.
- Recommendations are kept confidential.
Testing is required for Kindergarten-grade 8 applicants. Submit your child's test results by January 25, 2013. See Testing
page for a list of local testers.
- For applicants to Kindergarten (ages 5 and under), the Weschler Pre-School and Primary Scale of Intelligence (WPPSI-III) is required.
- For applicants to grades 1-8 (ages 6 and above), the Weschler Intelligence Scale for Children–Fourth Edition (WISC-IV) is required.
Admissions decision letters are mailed on March 7, 2013. New admission enrollment contracts are due on March 21, 2013.